Fresh Macbook and a set of neat tools
I recently bought a Macbook Pro Retina (Late 2014) with 128 GB of storage. I thought that if I needed 256 GB, I could just buy a regular SSD and swap them. Turns out i can’t. Or.. I can, but it’s a special SSD that costs a third of a new Mac. And I just bought one! I can’t even afford milk!
Anyhow, here’s a list of software that I “need” as a software kind of guy:
- Slack – the best team communication platform
- Dropbox – having my data stored safely is just really neat. Also need it for collaboration some times
- Google Drive – same as with Dropbox.
- Sublime Text – best editor.
- PyCharm – best ‘heavy’ python editor.
– Honestly just for cmd-x to cut
- Alfred – I don’t have words. It’s an awesome utility must-have.
- 1Pass – Never have to remember passwords again.
- Spectacle – window manager for OS X.
- Skype – Talking with people (though I try to use appear.in when possible)
- Spotify – Musicplayer
- Balsamiq – Making sketches and mockups for costumers
- Flux – Adjusts the screen lightning to make late night coding more pleasant
- FileZilla – FTP Client
- Sequel Pro – SQL client
- HomeBrew – need it for all these awesome things
- brew install git
- brew install node
- npm install -g grunt-cli gulp